Kanopy showcases more than 30,000 of the world’s best films, including award-winning documentaries, rare and hard-to-find titles, film festival favourites, indie and classic films, and world cinema with collections from Kino Lorber, Music Box Films, Samuel Goldwyn, The Orchard, The Great Courses, PBS and thousands of independent filmmakers.
Library card holders can access Kanopy and sign up to start streaming films instantly.
1. Click the Get Access to Kanopy button below, then once you’re on Kanopy click the red Add Library Card button.
2. Fill in your Lake of Bays Library barcode number, and in the PIN field fill in your library card password. Click the Continue button.
3. The first time you sign in you will create your Kanopy account. Fill in your name, email address, and create your password for Kanopy. Watch your email inbox for an email from Kanopy to verify your email address.
That’s it! Enjoy up to 5 films a month and unlimited plays on Kanopy Kids which features kids programming for ages 2 to 8. Once you press play on a movie, you have 3 days to watch it. Your 5 movie credits will reset on the first of each month. Happy viewing!Get access to Kanopy
Library card holders can access Hoopla to start watching movies and TV shows, and listening to music. (Hoopla also offers eBooks, eAudio Books, and eComics through the same sign in process.)
1. Click on the Get Access to Hoopla button below.
2. Once on Hoopla, click the “Get Started Today” button if you’ve not signed up through Lake of Bays Township Library with Hoopla before. (After this registration process you will access Hoopla at this same screen but by filling in your email and password).
4. Choose your library. We show up as Lake of Bays Public Library (or search for that). Click our library name. Click next.
5. Let Hoopla know if you would like emails about hoopla content and features. Click next.
6. Enter your Lake of Bays Library card number (eg. BPL0000 or DPL0000). Click the small box to agree to the verification and exchange of information. Click the Sign Me Up button.
7. Enjoy up to 5 downloads/streams a month.
Library card holders can access Overdrive to stream videos for free.
1. Click the Get Access to Overdrive button below, then once you’re on Overdrive click the Sign In button.
2. Select your library from the pulldown menu. Choose your branch, either Baysville Public Library or Dwight Public Library.
2. Fill in your Lake of Bays Library barcode number in the field that appears. Click the Sign In button.
3. You’re in! Look under the "Collections" tab to find the videos.