Libby is the reading app by Overdrive which lets you access thousands of eBooks and eAudioBooks and Magazines on your smart phone or tablet.
1. Go to your device’s “store” to search for and download the free Libby by Overdrive app. Or click the yellow Get Access to Libby button below.
2. Launch or open the app.
3. Sign in with your library card.
4. Start browsing and borrowing.
To use Libby from a computer, go to http://libbyapp.com
Library card holders can access Hoopla to start reading eBooks, eComic, or listening to eAudioBooks or to watch movies and TV shows or listen to music albums. (Streaming or downloading through the same sign in process.)
1. Click on the Get Access to Hoopla button below.
2. Once on Hoopla, click the “Get Started Today” button if you’ve not signed up through Lake of Bays Township Library with Hoopla before. (After this registration process you will access Hoopla at this same screen but by filling in your email and password).
4. Choose your library. We show up as Lake of Bays Public Library (or search for that). Click our library name. Click next.
5. Let Hoopla know if you would like emails about Hoopla content and features. Click next.
6. Enter your Lake of Bays Library card number (eg. BPL0000 or DPL0000). Click the small box to agree to the verification and exchange of information. Click the Sign Me Up button.
7. Enjoy up to 5 downloads/streams a month.
What should you read next? This resource has ready made lists of books by genre, topic, or books that are like those written by your favourite author, and more. Discovering your next great read is just a click away. Click the yellow Get Access button and sign in with your library card.Get Access to Novelist
This resource connects younger readers with all kinds of lists to discover their next great reading choices. Explore books by topics of interest, genre, favourite author and more. Click the yellow Get Access button and sign in with your library card.Get Access to Novelist K-8